The American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) is the largest non-profit, professional association serving massage therapists, massage students and massage schools. It is the most trusted and respected name in massage therapy.
- AMTA provides our members with the strongest benefits in the massage therapy profession.
- We promote the health benefits of massage to the public, the health care community and other important groups.
- As a member-driven organization AMTA is constantly in conversation with our members through surveys, phone calls, emails and social media to understand the diverse needs of all of our members and their hopes for the profession.
- We work for fair licensing of massage in all states, and actively support research.
- Your voice is heard in AMTA as we are governed by massage therapists.
- We provide a wealth of local and national networking and continuing education opportunities.
- AMTA has the non-profit advantage as the largest non-profit association in the massage therapy profession.
To serve AMTA members while advancing the art, science and practice of massage therapy.
- We are a diverse and nurturing community working with integrity, respect and dignity.
- We are a nonprofit member-driven organization of ethical professionals.
- We embrace consistency in education.
- We endorse professional standards.
- We affirm and promote the benefits of massage therapy as validated by research.